The Library and Archives Service: Procurement of Operator
Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of Report: This report seeks authority to initiate the procurement process for the operation of the Council’s library and archives service.
The Executive will be asked to:
• Note the outcome of the consultation conducted between November 2017 and February 2018;
• Agree the key elements of the services specification for the new contract;
• Agree the financial envelope for the contract;
• Agree the process by which:
(i) the procurement framework will be developed and
(ii) the contract awarded at the end of the process.
Resolved: (i) That the outcome of the public consultation conducted between November 2017 and February 2018 be noted.
(ii) That the key aspects of the service specification for the new contract set out in paragraphs 14 to 20 of the report be approved.
(iii) That the term of the contract be 15 years, with an option for a 5 year extension.
(iv) That the financial framework for the contract set out in paragraphs 21 to 30 of the report be approved.
(v) That a ‘Sinking Fund’ of £147,000 per annum be established from existing budgets and used to address the council’s building maintenance liabilities over the term of the contract.
(vi) That the recommended price/quality split of 40% price, 60%% quality, as set out in paragraph 35, be approved for use in the evaluation.
(vii) That authority be delegated to the Director of Children, Education & Communities to:
a) develop and implement the procurement framework as set out in the report, including establishing the final evaluation criteria and headline weightings to be used in assessing bids, and
b) award the contract at the end of the process, provided the price is within budget.
Reason: To enable the council to meet its statutory duty with regard to the provision of library services.
Report author: Charlie Croft
Publication date: 22/06/2018
Date of decision: 21/06/2018
Decided at meeting: 21/06/2018 - Executive
Effective from: 26/06/2018
- Libraries reprocurement XI PDF 286 KB
- Annex A Libraries reprocurement XI PDF 2 MB
- 1 - Online Library Survey Final PDF 67 KB
- 2 - On-street Library Survey Final PDF 50 KB
- 3 - David Andrews Library Consultation Final Report PDF 3 MB
- 4 - Budget Consult 2018-19 Final PDF 62 KB
- Acomb Pen Portrait PDF 426 KB
- Bishopthorpe Pen Portrait PDF 417 KB
- Clifton Pen Portrait PDF 397 KB
- Copmanthorpe Pen Portrait PDF 442 KB
- Dringhouses Pen Portrait PDF 429 KB
- Dunnington Pen Portrait PDF 428 KB
- Fulford Pen Portrait PDF 432 KB
- Haxby Pen Portrait PDF 342 KB
- Huntington Pen Portrait PDF 452 KB
- Mobile Pen Portrait PDF 432 KB
- New Earswick Pen Portrait PDF 455 KB
- Poppleton Pen Portrait PDF 436 KB
- Strensall Pen Portrait PDF 406 KB
- York Pen Portrait PDF 405 KB
- Annex B Libraries reprocurement XI PDF 235 KB