Council Tax Support - Consultation Decision Report
Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Purpose of Report: To present Members with the outcomes of the agreed consultation approved at the October 2015 Executive.
Members are asked to review the outcome of the consultation, and decide whether to make any changes to our Council Tax Scheme. Full Council have to make this decision so Executive will make a recommendation to Full Council in this report.
Recommended: That Council agree to increase the Council Tax Support (CTS) cap by 7.5% to 77.5% cap at a cost of approximately £300k pa, which following changes to welfare benefit will deliver an average annual benefit to CTS customers of approximately £55 pa.
Reason: To support financial inclusion and protect financially vulnerable customers from planned Welfare Benefit changes.
Report author: Pauline Stuchfield
Publication date: 15/12/2015
Date of decision: 15/12/2015
Decided at meeting: 15/12/2015 - Executive
- Executive CTS Decision Paper PS Final PDF 202 KB
- Annex A - Consulation Feedback PDF 195 KB
- Annex B - Consultation Plan PDF 285 KB
- Annex C - Collated Council Tax Support Scheme Responses from other LA's PDF 98 KB
- Annex D - Detailed comments from responders to consulation PDF 104 KB
- Annex E CIA PDF 643 KB
- Annex E (1) - Response to consultation by Community of Identity PDF 443 KB