Review of Casual Play Opportunities - Final Report
Decision Maker: Executive - for meetings from 03/06/00 to 26/04/11
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of report: To
present the Executive with the final report arising from the
scrutiny review of Casual Play opportunities across the city.
Members are asked to: Approve the recommendations arising from the review.
RESOLVED: (i) That the recommendations of the Scrutiny Committee, as set out below, be approved:
a) The introduction of a pilot scheme, by working with the new Taking Play Forward Strategic Board to:
· identify three diverse areas within the ‘area based service delivery’ pilot area which would benefit from such a scheme;
· identify all the relevant parties from within the Council, external organisations, and from within the identified area of the City to participate in the scheme;
· draft a framework for the scheme for the Executive’s consideration.
b) The encouragement of ward committees parish councils and residents’ associations to promote the value of outdoor play and take up any opportunities for encouraging community buy-in to play opportunities in their locality.
REASON: In order to support the recommendations arising from this Scrutiny review.
Report author: Melanie Carr
Publication date: 18/01/2011
Date of decision: 18/01/2011
Decided at meeting: 18/01/2011 - Executive - for meetings from 03/06/00 to 26/04/11
Effective from: 21/01/2011
- Casual Play Scrutiny Review PDF 73 KB
- Annex 1 Casual Play Scrutiny Review PDF 97 KB
- Annex 1A Casual Play Scrutiny Review PDF 513 KB
- Annex 1B Casual Play Scrutiny Review PDF 56 KB
- Annex 1C Casual Play Scrutiny Review PDF 56 KB
- Annex 1D Casual Play Scrutiny Review PDF 67 KB
- Annex 1E Casual Play Scrutiny Review PDF 966 KB