Review of Fees and Charges Following an Increase in the Standard Rate of VAT
Decision Maker: Executive - for meetings from 03/06/00 to 26/04/11
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
RESOLVED: (i) That Option 1 be approved and that all fees and charges be amended as shown in Annex 1 to the report to reflect the increase in the rate of VAT.
(ii) That it be noted that, whilst fees and charges would increase, the overall level of income retained by the Council would remain the same, as all the increased income will be passed over to HMRC as VAT.
REASON: To ensure that the increase in VAT does not have a negative impact on council revenue.
Publication date: 30/11/2010
Date of decision: 30/11/2010
Decided at meeting: 30/11/2010 - Executive - for meetings from 03/06/00 to 26/04/11
Effective from: 03/12/2010
- Review of Fees & Charges - Increase in VAT PDF 75 KB
- neighbourhoods fees and charges post vat change PDF 51 KB
- Annex to Review of Fees & Charges - housing PDF 34 KB
- Annex to Review of Fees & Charges - libraries PDF 42 KB
- Annex to Review of Fees & Charges - sports & active leisure PDF 39 KB
- Annex to Review of Fees & Charges - youth service PDF 25 KB