The Better Play Grant - Funding Allocation
Decision Maker: Decision Session - Executive Member for Children and Young People's Services
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of Report: To approve the allocation of the Better Play Grant funding for the voluntary and community sector.
The Executive Member is asked to: Approve and agree funding amounts above £5k to play organisations up to a 3 year period.
RESOLVED:(i) That, subject to the outcome of Budget Council, the
following allocations of funding be made:
· Bell Farm Adventure Playground to be allocated £20k on a one-year agreement in the first instance.
· Officers to be delegated the authority to extend to a further two-year agreement, at no more than £20k per annum, following a full organisation review by CVS which ensures that the organisation continues to develop and provide evidence of robust governance arrangements.
· A reallocation of £15k to be made to the Bell Farm Adventure Playground Playbuilder scheme (capital funding) to contribute to the redevelopment of the site.
· SNAPPY to be allocated £35k per annum for a three-year period.
· Playspace to be allocated £24k per annum for a three-year period, which would look to support two Chill Out Zones.
· Space 109 to be allocated £6k per annum for a three-year period.
· The Council for Voluntary Service to be allocated £12k per annum for a three-year period to work with targeted play organisations.
(ii) That, should funding remain once the allocations have been
made, further funding be allocated to the Playspace Chill Out Zones".
REASON: To continue funding quality play provision across the city in line
with the Taking Play Forward policy priorities.
Report author: Mary Bailey
Publication date: 01/02/2011
Date of decision: 01/02/2011
Effective from: 04/02/2011