Hostile Vehicle Mitigation Measures
Purpose of Report: To update on the project to install hostile
Vehicle Mitigation Measures to give protection to York’s
footstreets during pedestrianised hours
in line with the advice received from the Police and Counter
The Executive will be asked to:
· Note the final location of security measures.
· Approve the carrying out of the procurement process to engage contractors to supply, install and maintain the scheme.
· Note the progress on removing the remaining exemptions other than emergency services that allow vehicle access to the footstreets during pedestrian hours.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Cabinet Decision - a 'Key Issue' - decision leading to savings or expenditure of £500,000 or above;
Decision status: Decision Made
Wards affected: Guildhall Ward;
Notice of proposed decision first published: 13/12/2021
Decision due: 13/01/22 by Executive
Lead member: Executive Member for Transport
Lead director: Corporate Director of Place
Department: Directorate of Place
Contact: Catherine Higgins, Engineer (Transport Projects) Sustainable Transport Service Email: email@example.com.
On-going dialogue with North Yorkshire Police and Counter Terrorism
Restriction of access to the footstreets has been subject to consultation leading to the Executive decisions made in November 2021.
Equality Impact Assessment Completed?: Equality Impact Assessment will accompany the report.
- 14/01/2022 - City Centre Access - Security Measures
- 13/01/2022 - Executive City Centre Access - Security Measures 13/01/2022
- Hostile Vehicle Mitigation Measures