Health and Wellbeing Board
Purpose of committee
The overall purpose of the Board is to bring together key partners from the NHS, public health and local government, including Healthwatch as the patient’s voice to jointly plan how best to meet local health and care needs.
The Board’s three principal statutory duties are:
· To assess the needs of the local population through a Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA).
· To set out how these needs will be addressed through a Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy (JHWBS) that offers a strategic framework in which Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG’s), Local Authorities and NHS England can make their commissioning decisions.
· To promote greater integration and partnership, including joint commissioning, integrated provision and pooled budgets.
The Board will:
· Agree the strategic health and wellbeing priorities for the city, as a Board and with NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group, respecting the fact this Group covers a wider geographic area.
· Make a positive difference, improving outcomes for all our communities and those who use our services.
· Lead on the production of a Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy and a Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment.
The Board will not:
· Manage work programmes or oversee specific pieces of work.
· Focus on the delivery of specific health and wellbeingservices.
· Scrutinise the detailed performance of services.
· Take responsibility for the outputs and outcomes of specific services.
· Be the main vehicle for the patient voiceas this is the responsibility of Healthwatch.
The Board’s Terms of Reference can be found here:
- Councillor Carol Runciman (Chair)
- Keith Ramsay (Vice-Chair) Chair of NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Councillor Denise Craghill
- Councillor Mary Cannon
- Councillor Stuart Rawlings
- Martin Farran Director of Adult Social Care, City of York Council
- Sharon Stoltz Director of Public Health, City of York Council
- Jon Stonehouse Director of Children's Services, Education and Skills, City of York Council
- Phil Mettam Accountable Officer,NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Dr Shaun O’Connell NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Patrick Crowley Chief Executive, York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Colin Martin Chief Executive, Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Lisa Winward Deputy Chief Constable, North Yorkshire Police
- Julie Warren Locality Director (North), NHS England
- Mike Padgham Chair, Independent Care Group
- Sarah Armstrong Chief Executive, York CVS
- Sian Balsom Manager, Healthwatch York
- Councillor Janet Looker (Substitute)
- Councillor Stuart Barnes (Substitute)
- Eoin Rush (Substitute) Assistant Director, Children & Specialist Services, City of York Council
- Councillor Andy D'Agorne (Substitute)
- Councillor Helen Douglas (Substitute)
- Sue Collins (Substitute) Director of Development, York CVS
- Fiona Phillips (Substitute) Assistant Director- Consultant in Public Health
- Jane Hustwit (Substitute) Chair of Board of Trustees, York CVS
- Michael Melvin (Substitute) Assistant Director, Adult Social Care, City of York Council
- Mike Proctor (Substitute) Deputy Chief Executive,York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Wendy Scott (Substitute) Director of Community Services, Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale, York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- David Booker (Substitute) Lay Member, Chair of Quality and Finance Committee, NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Sheenagh Powell (Substitute) Lay Member and Audit Committee Chair, NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Michelle Carrington (Substitute) Chief Nurse - NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Tracey Preece (Substitute) Chief Finance Officer,NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Dr Andrew Phillips (Substitute) NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Ruth Hill (Substitute) Director of Operations (York and Selby), Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Brian Coupe (Substitute) Head of Service, Mental Health Services for Older People (York and Selby), Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Shaun Jones (Substitute) Head of Assurance and Delivery, NHS England
- Keren Wilson (Substitute) Chief Executive, Independent Care Group
- Richard Anderson (Substitute) Superintendent, North Yorkshire Police
- Phil Cain (Substitute) Temporary Assistant Chief Constable, North Yorkshire Police
- Gillian Laurence (Substitute) Head of Clinical Strategy,NHS England (North Yorkshire & the Humber)
- Maxine Squire (Substitute) Assistant Director, Education and Skills at City of York Council
- John Clark (Substitute) Chair, Healthwatch York
Support officer: Angela Bielby. Democracy Officer
Phone: 01904 552599
Web site: http://www.york.gov.uk