Health and Wellbeing Board
Purpose of committee
The overall purpose of the Board is to bring together key partners from the NHS, public health and local government, including Healthwatch as the patient’s voice to jointly plan how best to meet local health and care needs.
The Board’s three principal statutory duties are:
· To assess the needs of the local population through a Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA).
· To set out how these needs will be addressed through a Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy (JHWBS) that offers a strategic framework in which Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG’s), Local Authorities and NHS England can make their commissioning decisions.
· To promote greater integration and partnership, including joint commissioning, integrated provision and pooled budgets.
The Board will:
· Agree the strategic health and wellbeing priorities for the city, as a Board and with NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group, respecting the fact this Group covers a wider geographic area.
· Make a positive difference, improving outcomes for all our communities and those who use our services.
· Lead on the production of a Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy and a Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment.
The Board will not:
· Manage work programmes or oversee specific pieces of work.
· Focus on the delivery of specific health and wellbeingservices.
· Scrutinise the detailed performance of services.
· Take responsibility for the outputs and outcomes of specific services.
· Be the main vehicle for the patient voiceas this is the responsibility of Healthwatch.
The Board’s Terms of Reference can be found here:
- Councillor Carol Runciman (Chair)
- Dr Nigel Wells (Vice-Chair) Chair, NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Councillor Keith Myers
- Councillor Denise Craghill
- Councillor Mary Cannon
- Jon Stonehouse Corporate Director of Children's Services, Education and Skills, City of York Council
- Sharon Stoltz Director of Public Health, City of York Council
- Dr Kevin Smith Executive Director for Primary Care and Population Health, NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Colin Martin Chief Executive, Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Gillian Laurence Head of Clinical Strategy, NHS England (North Yorkshire & the Humber)
- Lisa Winward Deputy Chief Constable, North Yorkshire Police
- Mike Padgham Chair, Independent Care Group
- Sarah Armstrong Chief Executive, York CVS
- Catherine Scott Manager, Healthwatch York
- Mike Proctor Interim Chief Executive,York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Councillor Janet Looker (Substitute)
- Councillor Lars Kramm (Substitute)
- Councillor Andy D'Agorne (Substitute)
- Councillor Helen Douglas (Substitute)
- Fiona Phillips (Substitute) Assistant Director - Consultant in Public Health, City of York Council
- Michael Melvin (Substitute) Assistant Director, Adult Social Care, City of York Council
- Maxine Squire (Substitute) Assistant Director, Education and Skills at City of York Council
- Wendy Scott (Substitute) Chief Operating Officer, York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Michelle Carrington (Substitute) Chief Nurse, NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Ruth Hill (Substitute) Director of Operations (York and Selby), Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Darren Gargan (Substitute) Adult Mental Health York & Selby - Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Shaun Jones (Substitute) Head of Assurance and Delivery, NHS England
- Keren Wilson (Substitute) Chief Executive, Independent Care Group
- Phil Cain (Substitute) Temporary Assistant Chief Constable, North Yorkshire Police
- Jane Hustwit (Substitute) Chair of Board of Trustees, York CVS
- John Clark (Substitute) Chair, Healthwatch York
Support officer: Democratic Services. Democracy Officer
Phone: 01904 551088
Web site: http://www.york.gov.uk